Microsoft Leadership Principles
To Create Clarity
- Synthesize the complex – thinking about how to lift up everyday demands to achieve a clear vision for your work and what you ask of others.
- Define a course of action – thinking about how to provide a sense of direction for others even in the face of ambiguity.
- Ensure shared understanding – thinking about how to communicate generously to ensure alignment with others.
To Generate Energy
- Inspire optimism, creativity, and growth – thinking about what inspires you about your work, and how to tap into that energy to inspire others.
- Create an environment where everyone does their best work – thinking about incorporating inclusive behaviors into your leadership approach.
- Build organizations that are stronger tomorrow than today – making sure our actions are aligned with the goals of the broader organization and Microsoft’s direction.
To Deliver Success
- Drive innovation that people love – thinking about drawing from new sources of information to come up with new and big ideas.
- Be boundary-less in seeking solutions – how to breakthrough the impasse, taking a step back to see the forest from the trees.
- Tenaciously pursue the right outcomes – how to not confuse activity with results, helping others be productive without sacrificing quality.